HOFA Wall Sail
Absorber made of HOFA PureAkust®
HOFA Wall Sail
The HOFA Wall Sail is an absorber which reduces interfering sound reflections on walls and minimizes the reverberation time. The highly effective absorption quality is achieved through our innovative HOFA PureAkust®. The specially developed material ensures a pleasant living and working environment with high speech intelligibility.
The puristic look allows the use as a design wall element. The acoustic effectiveness can be increased significantly by using the optional wall mounting system HOFA PureFix. The magnetic solution offers a variable adjustment of the wall distance between 4,5 and 9 cm. Therefore, the HOFA Wall Sail is also a suitable solution for demanding control and HiFi rooms.
Exemplary product illustrations
• Get 5% discount if you buy 2 or more identical wall sails
• Get 10% discount if you buy 4 or more identical wall sails
• Get 20% discount on the HOFA Wall Sail 60 x 60 cm
The scope of delivery includes two sawtooth hangers for flush mounting.
Alternatively, choose the innovative HOFA PureFix wall mounting set for installation with a variable wall distance between 4,5 and 9 cm. This solution increases the acoustic effectivness, can compensate uneven walls and is able to redirect reflections through an angled attachment.
The HOFA Wall Sail is the effective & elegant acoustic element for your wall.
Areas of application
A HOFA Wall Sail in 120 x 120 cm consists of 51 recycled PET bottles
Our absorption material
- Health-friendly usage compared to conventional acoustic products made of glass or rock wool
- Tested for harmful substances and odorless
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 (highest product class)
- Bacteriostatic and allergy-friendly
- Free of formaldehyde
- CO2-saving production and 100% recyclable
- Flame retardant B1 according to DIN 4102-1 and EN 13501-1
- Sound absorber class A in typical application (according to EN ISO 11654)
- Much higher absorption than standard brand products (up to 55% compared to melamine resin foam and up to 70% compared to knobbed foam of the same thickness)
Despite the low material thickness of 40 mm, which gives the wall sail a subtle look, HOFA PureAkust S® offers excellent absorption behavior. Using the optional HOFA PureFix wall mounting set, the absorption capacity at low frequencies can be increased significantly .
Measurement of sound absorption in-situ according to DIN CEN/TS 1793-5
HOFA PureFix wall mounting set
Like all porous absorbers, the HOFA Wall Sail benefits from optimal positioning at a distance from the wall. The absorber can work best where the sound particle velocity has its maximum. The magnetic telescopic holders of the innovative mounting set make this possible. The wall sail can be attached in no time at all and the distance to the wall can be adjusted infinitely between 4.5 and 9 cm. With this measure, the wall sail achieves the highest sound absorber class and is performant even at lower frequencies.
A horizontal angulation of the wall sail is possible by different settings of the holder. This allows an advantageous deflection of early reflections in the area between the listening point and the loudspeakers.
Thanks to the 3/8“ thread, the absorber can be easily mounted on conventional microphone stands. In this way, every recording situation can be managed in regard of the acoustics, even with mobile on-site recordings. The lightweight acoustic elements are useful problem solvers to reduce crosstalk and to control the excitation of the room.